TJ1400: Indiaâ€™s Tejas Networks launches Worldâ€™s First Ultra-Converged Broadband ProductDate: 27 February 2019 Tags: IT, Mobile & Computers
India’s Tejas Networks has launched world’s first ultra-converged broadband product family - TJ1400 that can deliver wireline as well as wireless broadband services from a single integrated platform. It was unveiled at Mobile World Congress (MWC) held in Barcelona, Italy.
TJ1400 ultra-converged broadband product family
- It provides unmatched integration of multiple broadband access technologies: fixed wireless broadband (4G/LTE eNodeB upgradable to 5G), gigabit fiber broadband (GPON/NG-PON) and GE/10GE/100GE Business Ethernet services (CE2.0 certified) in highly compact, modular and energy-efficient platforms.
- It also converges advanced packet transport technologies including OTN, Carrier Ethernet, PTN/MPLS-TP and IP to serve as unified delivery platform for wholesale, mobile backhaul, enterprise and residential broadband services.
- It provides highest flexibility to any operator wanting to quickly and cost-effectively roll out broadband services on fibre as well as wireless.
- It efficiently packs unrivalled mix of broadband access and packet transmission features in smallest possible footprint.
- This efficient packing significantly helps in lowering the cost of rolling out high-speed broadband networks in terms of both capex and opex.
- It will help India to meet its stated objective of becoming global telecom equipment hub, especially in new 5G world.
It is Bengaluru-based optical and data networking products company. It develops and sells high-performance, cost-competitive networking products to telecommunications service providers (TSPs), internet service providers (ISPs), utilities, defense and government entities in over 70 countries. It is ranked among top-10 suppliers in global optical aggregation segment.