KP-Bot: Kerala Police inducts countryâ€™s first humanoid robotDate: 22 February 2019 Tags: Robotics
Kerala State Police has inducted first humanoid robot named KP-Bot into force. It makes it world's first and the very first police force in the country to induct humanoid robots. It has been designed to provide round-the-clock service, involving public interface and front office administration and overcome human limitations to avoid, to the extent possible, human error.
- It has been developed by Kochi-based startup venture Asimov Robotics Pvt Ltd and Cyberdome, a technological research and development centre of Kerala Police.
- It will not replace any human resources but will act as first contact point and data collection tool to help improve the overall quality of service and performance levels.
- Duties assigned to it are- meet and greet officers, visitors through face recognition, guide them to appropriate sections in the police headquarters.
- It will also verbally provide detailed and accurate information on procedures related to services supported by information displayed on the screen
- It will collect information about visitors, fix appointments and issue visitor IDs. It will also create a case file on complaint/ petition as detailed by the visitor.
- In future, it will be modified and equipped with additional sensors such as metal and IED detectors, thermal imaging, gas sensors and facial gesture recognition for field deployment.