Google Doodle celebrates 30 years of World Wide WebDate: 12 March 2019 Tags: IT, Mobile & Computers
- Google Doodle celebrated 30 years of World Wide Web (WWW), an invention of English Computer Scientists Sir Tim Berners-Lee.
- Tim Berners-Lee in 1989 had submitted paper titled 'Information Management: A Proposal' while working at large nuclear physics laboratory CERN in Switzerland.
- This paper had proposed and what came out as first web browser- World Wide Web (WWW).
- It was made public in April 1993 and first search engine ‘Mosaic’ was launched in November 1993 to accept pictures. Since then it has been replaced by many web browsers.
- WWW had opened up internet to everyone and connected world by way of sharing of information.