Cabinet approves setting up new company under Department of SpaceDate: 20 February 2019 Tags: Space
The Union Cabinet approved setting up of new company under Department of Space (DoS) to commercially exploit research and development (R&D) work carried out by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Centers and constituent units of DOS.
This company with explore following areas for commercial exploitation of ISRO programmes
- Small satellite technology transfers to industry. In this case new company will take license from DoS/ISRO and issue sub-license to industries.
- Manufacture of small satellite launch vehicle (SLV) in collaboration with private spector. Productionisation of Polar SLV through industry.
- Productionisation and marketing of space-based products and services, including launch and applications.
- Transfer of Technology (ToT) developed by ISRO Centers and constituent units of DoS.
- Market some spin-off technologies and products, both in India and abroad.
- Any other subject which Government of India deems fit.