Project Sangam: Government partners with Microsoft for Swachh Bharat MissionDate: 19 March 2019 Tags: Ministries & Departments
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has partnered with Microsoft India to deploy Project Sangam to train functionaries and officers across India on its Swachh Bharat e-Learning Portal. This partnership aims to successfully execute Swachh Bharat campaign by standardizing, centralizing, modernizing and establishing systems for knowledge exchange and capacity development to train municipal functionaries spread across cities in India.
- It is a cloud-hosted, mobile-first community learning platform of Microsoft.
- It is designed to train municipal functionaries of state sanitation missions, city managers - engineers, administrators, field supervisors and sanitation workers.
- It seeks to equip, assess, measure and accredit training of these officers.
- It will help in standardizing, centralizing, modernizing and establishing systems for knowledge exchange and capacity development to train thousands of municipal functionaries spread across cities in India.
- Using it, MoHUA will run custom community training courses for and track their process, manage content, users and analytics acrossprogram in one place.
- More than 110,000 municipal functionaries will be trained on best sanitation practices across 4,000 plus cities in India.