PCRA, TAFE inks MoU for energy conservation awareness programDate: 09 May 2019 Tags: Ministries & Departments
Tractors and Farm Equipment (TAFE) Ltd has inked MoU with Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) to help in preservation of resources. This CSR partnership aims at contributing towards energy conservation and reducing dependency. It seeks to help farmers to minimise costs through conservation, recycling and use of alternate energy.
Under this MoU
- PCRA will collaboratively conduct agricultural workshops by taking aid of TAFE’s extended network of dealership.
- Both entities will spread awareness on advantages of better maintenance of tractors for lowering usage of fuel, minimizing cost and maximizing productivity.
- They will jointly conduct collaborative outreach events and knowledge sharing modules for farmers.
Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA)
- It is principal national government agency engaged in promoting energy efficiency in various sectors of the economy.
- It is a non-profit organization registered society set up under aegis of Union Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
- Functions: (i) Undertake studies for identifying potential and suggest measure for achieving conservation of petroleum products in various sectors of the economy (ii) Sponsors R&D activities for the development of fuel-efficient equipment/devices.
- Platform for awareness: PCRA as part of its effort to increase awareness about energy conservation undertakes multi-media campaigns through Doordarshan, All India Radio, TV channels, Private FM channels, Digital Cinema Theaters etc