Foundation stone of Indiaâ€™s first National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation laidDate: 04 March 2019 Tags: Ministries & Departments
Foundation stone for India’s first National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation was laid recently at Sherpur Village in Sehore District of Madhya Pradesh. It will be first of its kind institute in the country that will serve as an expert body in area of mental health rehabilitation besides developing various models for rehabilitation of mental ill persons including their mainstream in the society.
National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation
- It will be established as society under Societies Registration Act, 1860 and function under Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- Objectives: Promote mental health rehabilitation using integrated multidisciplinary approach, capacity development in field of mental health rehabilitation, policy framing and advanced research in mental health rehabilitation.
- Mandate: It will undertake capacity building and develop trained professionals in area of mental health rehabilitation.
- It will help Central Government in formulating policy and programs/models for rehabilitation of persons with mental illness.
- It will run various courses starting from certificate course to offer diploma, certificate, graduate, post graduate, M.Phil degrees in field of mental health rehabilitation, clinical psychology and psychiatric social work etc.