ICSSR: Vice President inaugurates Golden Jubilee CelebrationsDate: 14 May 2019 Tags: Miscellaneous
Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated Golden Jubilee Celebrations (50 years celebrations) of Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) in New Delhi. ICSSR is the national body overseeing research in the social sciences in India.
About Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- It was established in 1969 by Central Government to promote research in social sciences in the country. It established on the recommendation of erstwhile Planning Commission.
- It functions as an autonomous organisation funded by Ministry Of Human Resource Development (MHRD). It is headquartered in New Delhi.
- Functions: It provide grants for projects, fellowships, international collaboration, capacity building, survey, publications etc. to promote research in social sciences in India.
- Objectives: (i) Review progress of social science research and give advice to its users (ii)
- Sponsor social science research programmes and projects and administer grants to institutions and individuals for research in social sciences (iii) Institute and administer scholarships and fellowships for research in social sciences. (iv) Identify areas in which social science research needs to be promoted and adopt special measures for development of research in neglected or new areas (v) Arrange technical training in research methodology and to provide guidance for research etc.