Government to conduct All India Citizens Survey of Police ServiceDate: 22 February 2019 Tags: Ministries & Departments
Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) will to conduct ‘All India Citizens Survey of Police Services’, a pan-India survey to gauge public perception of police. It will be conducted by Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD) with the help of National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) in nine months period.
Objectives of Survey
- Understand public perceptions and their attitudes about Police.
- Timeliness and quality of police response and action.
- Better policy formulation and implementation.
- Improve crime investigation and allocation of resources.
- Gauge perception about women and children's safety.
All India Citizens Survey of Police Services
- It is aimed strengthening model of good governance by acting as link between people and government, considering that globally accepted way to assess impact of government initiatives is through public perception surveys.
- It will cover representative sample of 1.2 lakh households spread over 173 districts across the country, based on National Sample Survey framework. It will cover all States/UTs.
- Its outcome will help to bring out useful suggestions for government in formulating appropriate policy responses for crime prevention programmes.
- It will also help for transformation in community policing, improvement in access to justice and increased resource allocation for police.