Ravi Capoor assumes Charge as Secretary TextilesDate: 02 August 2019 Tags: Appointments & Resignations
Context: Ravi Capoor, an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of 1986 batch, assumed charge of the office of Secretary, Ministry of Textiles in New Delhi.
- As Additional Chief Secretary, Assam, from 2016 to 2019, he was in charge of Mines & Minerals, Forest & Environment, Act East Policy Affairs and Public Enterprises Department. In addition, he also had the portfolios of Industry and Commerce.
- Ravi Capoor worked as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India from 2011 to 2016 and was handling India’s trade with ASEAN, CIS countries, engineering exports and export promotion programme of the Commerce and Industry Ministry. He was also the CEO of India Brand Equity Foundation.
- Ravi Capoor also worked as Executive Director, Petroleum Conservation Research Association and Director in the Ministry of Petroleum from 2004 to 2008. He was involved in the sectors of refining, project management and implementation, pricing and supply and resolving operational issues.
- Ravi Capoor has also worked as Additional Development Commissioner, Handicrafts in New Delhi from 2002 to 2004.
- He was also Project Director of World Bank Funded Project (1999-2002) on Rural Infrastructure in Assam.
- Ravi Capoor has vast experience of working in international agencies like the World Bank, European Union, United Nations, Department for International Development in the Primary Education Project with Government of India.