Hindi writer Leeladhar Jagudi awarded Vyas Samman 2018Date: 18 March 2019 Tags: Honours & Awards
Renowned Hindi writer Leeladhar Jagudi will be honoured with Vyas Samman 2018 for his collection of poems “Jitne Log Utne Prem”. His poem book was published in 2013.
- He was born in Dhangal village in Tehri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand.
- He is author of several poetry anthologies including Natak Jari Hai and Shankha Mukhi Shikharon Par.
- He was awarded Padma Shri in 2004 apart from other awards, including Sahitya Akademi Award, Akashvani National Award and Uttarakhand Gaurav Samman.
- It is given annually to outstanding literary work in Hindi authored by Indian citizen which has been published in the last decade.
- It was started in 1991 by the KK Birla Foundation. It carries monetary amount of Rs. 4 lakh.