Sahitya Akademi Award 2018 awarded to 24 writersDate: 01 February 2019 Tags: miscellaneous
Sahitya Academy, India’s national academy of letters has awarded prestigious Sahitya Akademi Award for year 2018 on 24 poets and authors for their premier literary works in 24 Indian languages. The awards were presented by President of Sahitya Akademi Chandrasekhar Kambarat at function held in New Delhi.
2018 Recipients are
- Six Short stories: Prof Bina Thakur (Maithili), Rituraj Basumatary (Bodo), Sanjib Chattopadhyay (Bengali), Mushtaq Ahmed Mushtaq (Kashmiri), Nath Upadhyay Chapagain (Nepali) and Prof. Budhichandra Heisnamba (Manipuri).
- Seven Poetry: Paresh Narendra Kamat (Konkani), Sananta Tanti (Assamese), Dr. Mohanjit (Punjabi), S Ramesan Nair (Malayalam) and Dr Rama Kant Shukla (Sanskrit), Khiman U Mulani (Sindhi) and Dr. Rajesh Kumar Vyas (Rajasthani).
- Six Novels: Anees Salim (English), Shyam Besra (Santali), Inderjeet Kesar (Dogri), Chitra Mudgal (Hindi), Ramkrishnan (Tamil) and Rahman Abbas (Urdu).
- 3 Literary Criticism: Ma. Su. Patil (Marathi), KG Nagarajappa (Kannada) and Prof. Dasarathi Das (Odia).
- 2 Essays: Prof. Sharifa Vijliwala (Gujarati) and Dr. Kolakaluri Enoch (Telugu).
Sahitya Akademi Awards
- It is literary honour conferred annually by Sahitya Akademi on Indian writers for their outstanding works of literary merit.
- It was established in 1954.
- It awarded on writers for their outstanding works in one of twenty-four major Indian languages (22 Scheduled Languages under Eight Schedule of Constitution+ Rajasthani and English.
- The award consists of casket containing engraved copper-plaque (designed by film-maker Satyajit Ray), a shawl and monetary cheque of one lakh rupees.