Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Malik wins Mr. South Asia title 2019Date: 23 July 2019 Tags: Sports
Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Kumar Malik won Mr. South Asia title 2019. He was crowned as campion of overall champion at 12th South Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship held in Kathmandu, capital of Nepal. He was winner of 80 kg category and was also adjudged best bodybuilder among the winners of nine senior men's weight categories. The championship was organised by South Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Federation under auspices of Nepal Bodybuilding and Fitness Association. It has seen participation of total of 91 bodybuilders from six south Asian Countries.
Country wise Performance
- Afghanistan: It won total 15 medals (6 gold, 4 silver and 5 bronze). It also won team championship by securing top position with 535 points.
- Nepal: It won total 16 medals (3 gold, 7 silver and 6 bronze). It finished 2nd with 445 points.
- India: won a total 10 medals (4 gold, 5 silver and 1 bronze medal). It finished 3rd with 380 points.
- Maldives: won a total 5 medals (3 gold and 2 bronze medals).
- Pakistan: won a total 5 medals (1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze).
- Bhutan: It finished at last position with bronze medal.