Liverpool wins Â 2019 UEFA Champions LeagueDate: 03 June 2019 Tags: Sports
Liverpool FC won 2019 UEFA Champions League football trophy by defeating Tottenham Hotspur FC. This was Liverpool’s overall sixth Champions League title. It was Tottenham first ever appearance in the Champions League final. In the final match held at Madrid, Spain, Liverpool defeated Tottenham Hotspur by 2-0 goals. The two goals for Liverpool were scored one each by Mohamed Salah (2nd minute) and Divock Origi (89th minute).
About UEFA Champions League
- It is annual continental club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA). It is contested by top-division European clubs.
- It is simply known as the Champions League. It was started in 1955. It is one of the most prestigious football tournaments in the world.
- It is also most prestigious club competition in European football, played by national league champion and for some nations of each UEFA national association.
- Real Madrid is most successful club in this tournament's history with total 13 wins, including its first five seasons. England has largest number of winning teams, with five clubs having won the title.
- Did you know? Champions League ranks ninth among professional sports leagues in the world by revenue (€2,108 million). Indian Premier League is ranked 22 in this list (revenue of €633.62 million).