2019 Global Passport Index: India ranks 67thDate: 26 February 2019 Tags: Reports & Indices
Indian Passport was ranked 67th in the 2019 Global Passport Power Rank released by Canada based global financial advisory firm Arton Capital. India rank has moved up by one spot as compared to 68th rank in
UAE’s passport was ranked number 1 on index followed by Germany (rank 2), and US, France, Denmark, Sweden, Luxembourg, Finland, Italy, Singapore, Netherlands, Spain, Norway and South Korea were jointly ranked third
India provides visa-free access to 25 countries, visa on arrival to 39 countries and for 134 countries, visa requirement is compulsory. In this index, Indian passport has steadily strengthened in
Reasons for India’s improvement
- India’s passport continues to strengthen its rank on global index as more and more nations around
globeare offering visa-free entry and visa on arrivals to Indians.
- More and more countries are opening up to Indian tourists in recognition
totheir increasing spending power and their ability to return home.
- Besides, Central Government has also opened up foreign tourists over the last five years and now gives
e-tourist visa facilities to166 countries, up from 46 nations in 2014
- India's e-visa regime has made the process more tourist-friendly and will double foreign tourist arrival figures by 2021.
Global Passport Power Rank/Index
- It is released annually by
Canadabased global financial advisory firm Arton Capital.
- It ranks passport of almost 199 countries in the world based on their Visa-Free Scores and their ranking according to UNDP human development index.
- The rank of national passports is mainly based factors such cross-border access they bring, assigning visa-free score according to
numberof countries passport holder can visit visa-free or with visa on arrival. It has become most popular interactive online tool to display, sort and rank world’s passports.
Note: Global Passport Power Rank is different from Henley Passport