Himachal Pradeshâ€™s first mega food park inaugurated in Una DistrictDate: 11 February 2019 Tags: miscellaneous
Himachal Pradesh’s first mega food park viz. Cremica Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd was recently inaugurated at Singhain village in Una District of state. This first mega food park in state to be operationalised under Central Government’s Mega Food Park Scheme.
Cremica Food Park
It has been set up in 52.40 acre of land. Its Central Processing Centre (CPC) has facilities like multi-crop pulping line with bulk aseptic packaging (24 MT/ hour), drozen storage (1,000 MT), deep freeze, dry warehouse, Quality Control (QC) Laboratory and other food processing facilities. It will benefit people of Una district and nearby districts of Kangra, Hamirpur and Bilaspur.
Benefits of mega food park
- It creates modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along value chain from farm to market with strong forward and backward linkages through cluster based approach.
- Its modern infrastructure for food processing will benefit the farmers, growers, processors and consumers of state and adjoining areas.
- It will give impetus to growth of food processing sector in the state and provide direct and indirect employment to 5,000 persons.
Mega Food Park Scheme
- It is implemented by Ministry of Food Processing Industries to give fillip to food processing sector by adding value and reducing food wastage at each stage of supply chain with prime focus on perishables.
- It aims to create modern infrastructure facilities for food processing along value chain from farm to market with strong forward and backward linkages through cluster based approach.
- It seeks to make food processing sector major contributor to doubling the farmers' income and 'Make in India' initiative of the government.
- Under it, common facilities and enabling infrastructure is created at Central Processing Centre (CPCs). Besides, facilities for primary processing and storage is created near farm in form of Primary Processing Centers (PPCs) and Collection Centers (CCs).
- For it, Central Government provides financial assistance upto Rs. 50.00 Crore per Mega Food Park project.
- Projects under it are merged under ‘Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana’, a comphrehensive flagship scheme which aims to make India resilient food economy and Food Factory of the World.