AYUSH Ministry, CSIR inks MoU for cooperationDate: 23 April 2019 Tags: miscellaneous
Union Ministry of AYUSH and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has inked Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for cooperation in research and education in areas of traditional systems of medicine and its integration with modern science. It is aimed at bringing both Ayush Ministry and CSIR under umbrella understanding for pursuing focused Research & Development efforts.
Under this MoU, both organizations will jointly endeavor to pursue:
- R&D covering fundamental research.
- AYUSH specific diagnostic tools.
- linking microbiome, gene expression and prakriti.
- multi-ingredient herbal formulations, including their standardization.
- Explore modern scientific methods for integrating with traditional Indian Systems of Medicine (ISM).
- linking disease signatures etc.
They will also further collaboration in preserving and protecting traditional knowledge related to Indian systems of healthcare, through existing Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) platform. They will also develop international standardized terminologies (disease-morbidity codes) in Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani (ASU), database on medicinal plants, foods, etc.