April 28: World Day for Safety and Health at WorkDate: 29 April 2019 Tags: Days & Dates
The World Day for Safety and Health at Work is observed every year across the world on April 28 to promote prevention of occupational accidents and diseases globally. The day is observed by the International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Objective of Day
- It is as an awareness-raising campaign to raise awareness for promoting safe, healthy and decent work.
- It also aims to create safety and health culture to reduce number of work-related deaths and injuries.
201 9Theme: “Safety and health at the heart of the future of work"
It seeks to draw world attention on the degree of problem and to promote healthy work culture so that several work-related deaths and injuries can be reduced. Every year more than thousands of people die as result of occupational accidents and work-related disease.
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work is observed every year on April 28 by ILO since 2003, in order to stress on t prevention of accidents and diseases at work. It is observed as integral part of ILO’s Global Strategy on Occupational Safety and Health which was adopted at International Labour Conference in June 2003
- .World Day for Safety and Health at Work is one of the main pillars of the Global Strategy is and is significant tool to raise awareness for making work safe and healthy.
- The date April 28 also commemorates International Commemoration Day for Dead and Injured Workers, which was earlier organised worldwide by ttrade union movement since 1996.