2019 French Open WinnersDate: 11 June 2019 Tags: Sports
Rafel Nadal (Spain) won 2019 French Open title of tennis in men’s single category by defeating Dominic Thiem (Austria) by 6–3, 5–7, 6–1, 6–1 score. It was his 12th French Open crown and overall 18th Grand Slam title in total. With this win, he also become first tennis player to win same Grand Slam title 12 times, surpassing previous record of Margaret Court's 11 Australian Opens,
The women’s single title was won by Australia’s Ashleigh Barty. It was her first Grand Slam title and Australia’s first French women’s singles crown in more than four decades (last won by Margaret Court in 1973. She had won Coupe Suzanne Lenglen).
2019 French Open Results
2019 French Open was a Grand Slam tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts. It was held at Stade Roland Garros in capital city Paris.
- Men's singles: Rafael Nadal (Spain) defeated Dominic Thiem (Austria) by 6–3, 5–7, 6–1, 6–1 score.
- Women's singles: Ashleigh Barty (Australia) defeated Marketa Vondrousova (Czech Republic) by 6–1, 6–3 score. Ashleigh Barty used to play cricket earlier and shifted to tennis recently.
- Men's doubles: German pair of Kevin Krawietz and Andreas Mies defeated French pair of Jeremy Chardy and Fabrice Martin by 6–2, 7–6(7–3) score.
- Women's doubles: Tímea Babos (Hungary), Kristina Mladenovic (France) pair defeated Chinese pair of Duan Yingying and Zheng Saisai by 6–2, 6–3 score.
- Mixed doubles: Latisha Chan (Chinese Taipei) and Ivan Dodig (Croatia) pair defeated Gabriela Dabrowski (Canada) and Mate Pavic (Croatia) by 6–1, 7–6(7–5) score.