PM Modi to be Guest at Eastern Economic ForumDate: 14 June 2019 Tags: International Organizations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has accepted invitation of Russian President Putin to be main guest at Eastern Economic Forum (EEC) to be held at Vladivostok, Russia in September 2019. The invitation proposal was forwarded by Russian President Vladimir Putin after two leaders held in Bishkek, capital of Kyrgyzstan on sidelines of 2019 Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit.
Eastern Economic Forum (EEC)
- It is annual event held at Vladivostok, Russia to encourage foreign investment in the Russian Far East. It was established by Decree of Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2015.
- It provides platform for discussion of key issues in the world economy, regional integration, and development of new industrial and technological sectors, as well as of global challenges facing Russia and other nations.
Key objectives of EEF
- Strengthen ties between international investment community, Russian business and federal, regional, and local government bodies
- Conduct comprehensive expert assessment of economic potential of Russian Far East and improve region’s competitiveness and attractiveness to investors both nationally and internationally
- Showcase new investment and business opportunities such as advanced special economic zones, Vladivostok Free Port, and state support for high-potential investment projects.