Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue â€“ 2019 to be held in New DelhiDate: 04 March 2019 Tags: India & World, International Organizations, International Events
The second edition of Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) - 2019 will be held at the Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi. It will be held in continuation of process of engaging global strategic community in annual review of India’s opportunities and challenges in the Indo-Pacific region.
IPRD - 2019
- It will be organized by Indian Navy and its knowledge partner National Maritime Foundation.
- It will witness active participation of globally-renowned domain experts and policy-makers from thirteen countries of Indo-Pacific.
- It will build upon foundation laid by inaugural edition and will examine five new themes: (i) Practical solutions for achieving cohesion in region through maritime connectivity (ii) measures to attain and maintain free-and-open Indo-Pacific (iii) regional approach to region’s transition from ‘Brown’ to ‘Blue’ economy (iv) opportunities and challenges arising from maritime impact of ‘Industry 4.0’ (v) how twin conceptualisations of ‘SAGARMALA’ and ‘SAGAR’ might best be made mutually-reinforcing on a regional level.
Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD)
- Its idea was first conceptualised and conducted in 2018, as apex level conference of Indian Navy. It was organised by National Maritime Foundation as its knowledge partner.
- Its permanent theme is review of India’s opportunities and challenges in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Its aim is to focus attention on Indo-Pacific, as maritime geographical-entity, while deliberating aspects of great relevance to regional geopolitics.
- It provides platform for substantive and insightful discussions pertaining to geopolitical developments affecting maritime domain of Indo-Pacific and provides policy-relevant inputs to policy-makers and public at large.