Cabinet approves MoU between India and Argentina on Antarctic cooperationDate: 28 March 2019 Tags: India & World
Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has apprised memorandum of understanding (MoU) between India and Argentine on Antarctic cooperation. The MoU was signed in February, 2019. It will help scientific cooperation on projects in the fields of Earth sciences and protection and conservation of natural environment of Antarctica and t Southern Oceans.
Salient Features of MoU
- Scientific co-operation on projects in fields of Earth sciences and life sciences, as well as those related to protection and conservation of natural environment of Antarctica and Southern Oceans;
- Exchange of scientific and bibliographical information related to study of Antarctica, its environment and dependent and associated ecosystems.
- Exploring opportunities for exchanges of scientists. Participation of scientists and technical experts of national Antarctic programme of one country in national Antarctic programme of the other.
- Joint scientific conferences and workshops, joint scientific publications and training of scientific personnel.
- Holding bilateral meetings on the sidelines of major polar forum meetings, where feasible.