Union HRD Minister inaugurates Tech-Ex (a technology exhibition)Date: 05 August 2019 Tags: Science, Technology & Innovation
Context: Tech- Ex was organized to demonstrate products and prototypes developed under the two flagship schemes of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) namely IMPRINT (IMPacting Research, INnovation and Technology) and UAY (UchhatarAvishkar Yojana)
- IMPRINT scheme was launched in November, 2015 with a view to providing solutions to the most relevant engineering challenges by translating knowledge into viable technology (products or processes) in 10 selected technology domains, namely health care, energy, sustainable habitat, nano-technology hardware, water resources and river systems, advanced materials, Information and Communication Technology, manufacturing, security and defence, and environmental science and climate change.
- 142 projects at a total cost of Rs.313.30 cr. were approved under the IMPRINT-I.
- These projects are funded jointly by MHRD and the participating Ministry in the ratio of 50:50.
- UchhatarAvishkar Yojana (UAY) was announced in October, 2015 with a view to promoting innovation of a higher order that directly impacts the needs of the Industry and thereby improves the competitive edge of Indian manufacturing.
- A total of 142 projects, including 83 in Phase-I and 59 in Phase-II) have been approved under UAY at a total cost of Rs.388.86 cr.
- UAY projects are funded jointly by MHRD, participating Ministries and the Industry in the ratio of 50:25:25.
- The scheme focuses on a viable industry-academic collaboration where industry shares a part of the cost of research. 1`