UGC launches Paramarsh SchemeDate: 19 July 2019 Tags: Education
Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' launched Paramarsh Scheme of University Grants Commission (UGC). This scheme aims at mentoring National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) Accreditation Aspirant Institutions to promote Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
About Paramarsh Scheme
- It aims to bring paradigm shift in the concept of mentoring of institution by another well performing institution to upgrade their academic performance and enable them to get accredited by focusing in area of curricular aspects, teaching-learning and evaluation, research, innovation, institutional values and practices etc.
- Implementing Agency: University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Coverage: It will target 1000 Higher Education Institutions for mentoring.
- Hub & Spoke model: The Scheme will be operationalized through a “Hub & Spoke” model. Under it, the mentor institution (called Hub) is centralized and will have responsibility of guiding mentee institution (through secondary branches Spoke) through services provided to mentee for self improvement. This will allow centralized control over operational efficiency, resource utilization to attain overall development of the mentee institution.
- Features: It will give mentee institution increased exposure and speedier adaptation to best practices. It will also facilitate sharing of knowledge, information and opportunities for research collaboration and faculty development in Mentee Institutions.
- Significance: It will help in addressing national challenge of improving the quality of Higher Education in India. It will lead to enhancement of overall quality of mentee institutions and enhance its profile as a result of improved quality of research, teaching and learning methodologies.