Government launches Swachh Survekshan 2020 LeagueDate: 07 June 2019 Tags: Infrastructure
Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched Swachh Survekshan 2020 League in New Delhi. It will be a quarterly cleanliness assessment of cities and towns in India. It will be integrated with Swachh Survekshan 2020, the 5th edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India to be conducted between January - February 2020.
Swachh Survekshan 2020 League
- It is aimed at “sustaining the on ground performance of cities along with continuous monitoring of service level performance on cleanliness”.
- It will be conducted in three quarters and will give equal weightage to every quarter based on cities updating their progress on online MIS and citizens testifying on many parameters through outbound calls.
- The purpose of quarterly cleanliness assessment under Swachh Survekshan 2020 League is that many cities slip back once they get a decent ranking on cleanliness levels in annual sanitation survey exercise Swachh Survekshan.
Swachh Survekshan survey
- It is a survey to rank cities on several cleanliness parameters so as to build a spirit of competition among cities. It was first rolled out in 2016. It is conducted by an independent third party.
- Objective: Encourage large scale citizen participation, ensure sustainability of initiatives taken towards garbage free and open defecation free cities, (ii) Create awareness about the importance of making towns and cities a better place to live in.