Union Home Minister Takes Part in Concluding Ceremony of ‘Mission Million Trees’ CampaignDate: 30 August 2019 Tags: Climate Change
Context: Union Home Minister on 29/08/2019 participated in the concluding ceremony of “Mission Million trees” programme.
About the mission:
- The Mission started on world environment day i.e. 5th June, 2019.
- The mission was organized by Ahmadabad Municipal Corporation.
- Home Minister also flagged off 8 AC electric buses in the city and also inaugurated a battery charging station.
Highlights of the address of the minister:
- Speaking on the occasion the Union Home Minister gave a clarion call to the women to keep away from using plastics bags while purchasing groceries and vegetables.
- Reminding the citizens of Paris climate accord the minister outlined the danger of ozone layer depletion because of CO2 and CO emission world over.
- Lauding the efforts of Ahmadabad Municipal Corporation the minister appreciated that Ahmadabad has taken a lead on electric Mobility with country made buses.
- He also appealed to the civic authorities to keep prepared for technological needs such as establishment of efficient battery exchanging stations which should be time saving and energy efficient.