Hawa Aane De Song launched to spread awareness about Air pollutionDate: 30 May 2019 Tags: Miscellaneous
Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has launched song 'Hawa Aane De' to spread awareness about Air pollution. The song was launched ahead of World Environment Day (WED) which is celebrated every year on 5th June. This year the theme of Environment Day is “Air Pollution’.
Hawa Aane De Song
- The song has been produced by Union Environment Ministry, in collaboration with Bhamla Foundation, Mumbai.
- It is written by Swanand Kirkire and sung by Shantanu Mukherjee, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kapil Sharma and Shankar Mahadevan. Its film has been directed by Romanchak Arora.
- It is intended to carry out the message of Air Pollution and urges to take measures to improve the quality of air.
- It also seeks to serve as call to action for all to come together to combat environmental challenges of our time, urging each one of us to explore green technologies and measures to improve quality of air and make the country and our cities less polluted.
- It will be also theme song of main function of 2019 WED that will be held at Vigyan Bhawan on 5th June, 2019 and will be presided over by the Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change.
National Clean Air programme (NCAP)
- Union Environment Ministry recently had launched National Clean Air programme (NCAP) to combat air pollution.
- Its main objective is to control and abate air pollution across the country. It is a multi-sectoral and collaborative approach with mainstreaming and integration.
- It is a mid-term 5 Year Action Plan aimed at reducing 20-30% PM 2.5 and PM 10 concentration in 102 cities, out of which 84 cities have already submitted their action plan.