GRIHA Council Launches GRIHA for Existing Day SchoolsDate: 08 May 2019 Tags: Conventions
Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA) Council has launched ‘GRIHA for Existing Day Schools’, a new rating tool to evaluate environmental performance of existing schools across India.
GRIHA for Existing Day Schools
- It is a simple rating tool designed to evaluate the environmental performance of existing schools across India.
- It will evaluate environmental impact of schools on the environment provide solutions for enhanced energy and water efficiencies, increased thermal and visual comfort and decreased operational and maintenance costs.
- It will also seek to familiarize students with concepts of sustainability by involving them, under guidance of their teachers.
- It will also provide students and teachers wit opportunity to establish contact with nature using the approach of co-creation and understanding.
- It is registered society for interaction on scientific and administrative issues related to sustainable habitats in the Indian context.
- It promotes GRIHA- the National Rating System as a design and evaluation tool for green buildings and habitats.
- It was founded by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) with support from Ministry of New and Renewable Energy along with variety of experts in the fields related to sustainability of built environment from across the country