BHEL signs MoU with ARAI for e-mobility projectsDate: 01 May 2019 Tags: Industries
Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) has signed MoU with Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) for cooperation on various projects related to e-mobility. Under this MoU, BHEL will support ARAI as technology developer and implementer. Besides, ARAI’s advanced facilities and expertise in design, testing and certification of mobility products, will help to generate synergies with BHEL in implementing solutions for Electric Vehicles Chargers, Electric & Trolley Bus, Battery & Charger testing, etc.
Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI)
- It is leading automotive R&D organization of the country. It functions as autonomous body under Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
- It was established in 1988 as a co-operative industrial research body to provide services to industry in fields of applied research and product development in automotive engineering. It is headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra,
- It is prime Testing and Certification Agency notified by Central Government under Rule 126 of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989. It assists Government in formulating automotive standards and regulations.
- It undertakes product design and development, evaluation of automotive equipment and ancillaries, standardisation, technical information services, execution of advanced courses on application of modern technology and conduct of specific tests.
- It is also responsible for car mileage figure on every car sold in India. It claims to be the first Indian institute to develop HCNG fuel engine.