Sampriti 2019: India-Bangladesh Joint Military ExerciseDate: 27 February 2019 Tags: Military Exercises
India and Bangladesh will be conducting joint military exercise- ‘Exercise Sampriti 2019’ at Tangail, Bangladesh from March 2 to 15, 2019. It will be eighth edition of this bilateral military exercise hosted alternately by both countries.
Exercise Sampriti 2019
- It is aimed at strengthening and broadening aspects of interoperability and cooperation between armies of India and Bangladesh.
- It will involve tactical level operations in counter insurgency and counter terrorism environment under United Nations (UN) mandate.
- It will give emphasis to understanding each other in tactical level operations, greater cultural understanding to strengthen military trust and cooperation between the two nations.
- It is joint military training exercise between India-Bangladesh held alternately in India and Bangladesh every year. It was first held in 2011 in Jorhat, Assam-India.
- It is important part of bilateral defence cooperation endeavored between India and Bangladesh. It aims to build, strengthen and promote positive relations between armies of both neighbouring countries.