AMAN-19: Pakistan conducts multinational maritime exerciseDate: 14 February 2019 Tags: Military Exercises
Pakistan Navy recently conducted multinational maritime exercise AMAN-19 in North Arabian Sea. This edition of naval exercise was conducted under title of “Together for Peace” and saw participation of military personnel from 46 countries.
- It was sixth AMAN biennial multinational naval exercise, aimed at promoting cooperation among regional and extra-regional navies to ensure security in Indian Ocean.
- It saw participation of naval assets including naval ships, helicopters, Special Forces elements and observers from 46 countries.
- It conducted in two phases harbour phase and sea phase. The participating ships formed up in traditional "AMAN Formation" to signify unity and harmony.
- Its harbour phase comprised International Maritime Conference, seminars, table talks, cross ship visits, calls, maritime counter terrorism demonstration, cultural show and food gala.
- The sea phase included practical execution of operational plans and activities finalised during harbour phase and international fleet review.
- Different operational exercises were also undertaken including firing by ships on pre-deployed targets, underway replenishment between ships and maritime related maneuvers.