AUSINDEX 2019: India, Australia naval exercise to be held in April 2019Date: 26 March 2019 Tags: Military Exercises
India and Australia will conduct AUSINDEX 2019 bilateral naval exercise off the coast of Vishakhapatnam in Bay of Bengal from April 2 to 16, 2019. Overall it will be third installment (edition) of bilateral naval exercise between Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy.
- The focus of this edition of exercise will be will be anti-submarine warfare. It will feature reconnaissance and attack aircraft, warships and submarines from both sides.
- It is aimed at boosting bilateral naval cooperation between India and Austrailia in the strategic Indian Ocean region.
- It will be most complex and largest naval exercise at high end between two countries which have established comprehensive strategic partnership between them.
- It will see participation of over 1,000 Australian defence personnel, four Royal Australian Navy ships. It includes HMAS (Her Majesty’s Australian Ship) Canberra, HMAS Success, HMAS Newcastle, and HMAS Parramatta.
- It will be Australia’s largest display of its defence assets since 1947. There will be the deployment of Australian personnel on Indian ships and vice versa.
- Both countries will also deploy P-8I aircraft and P-8A aircraft, which are long-range anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance aircrafts capable of broad-area, maritime and littoral operations.