We have launched our mobile app, get it now. Call : 9354229384, 9354252518, 9999830584.  

News in Short

News in Short - 05-March-2020

Subatomic particle has potential to solve mystery of dark matter

Date: 05 March 2020 Tags: Particle Physics
  • Scientists have identified a sub-atomic particle that could have formed the “dark matter” in the Universe during the Big Bang.
  • The particle is known as the d-star hexaquark- consisting of six quarks—the fundamental particles that usually combine in trios to make up protons and neutrons.
  • According to scientists, in the conditions shortly after the Big Bang, many d-star hexaquarks could have grouped as the universe cooled and expanded to form the fifth state of matter—Bose-Einstein condensate.
  • Significantly, the six quarks in a d-star result in a boson particle, which implies that when numerous d-stars are available, they can join all together in different manners to the protons and neutrons.

Adulterated milk in Maharashtra

Date: 05 March 2020 Tags: Reports & Indices
  • A worrying 79% of branded or loose milk available in the market is adulterated, the latest annual report by the Consumer Guidance Society of India (CGSI) has found.
  • The report said of all the milk samples, 73 were branded packets and only 11 of them (15%) adhered to the standard mark. The remaining 85% of the branded milk currently sold in the market was adulterated.
  • The high rate of adulteration of milk continues despite it being made a non-bailable offence in Maharashtra.

Supreme court sets aside RBI’s ban on crypto currency transactions

Date: 05 March 2020 Tags: Judiciary & Judgments
  • The Supreme Court set aside an April 6, 2018 circular of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) prohibiting banks and financial institutions from providing services in relation to cryptocurrencies.
  • The Bench allowed the petition filed by the Internet and Mobile Association of India, which had contended that the RBI circular was “arbitrary, unfair and unconstitutional”.
  • Cryptocurrencies are digital currencies, in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of the currency units and verify the transfer of funds, operating independently of a central bank.

Online portal to monitor forest department activities launched in Manipur

Date: 05 March 2020 Tags: Environment
  • An online portal for monitoring transit of forest produces, revenue collection and prevention of illegal transport and wildlife crimes was launched in Manipur. The portal is said to be first of its kind in India.
  • It will ensure good governance, transparency, flow of information to the public, hassle-free support to the customer/ consignee and remove their inconveniences, fast delivery on real-time basis, corruption-free interface between customer and Forest staff and accountability.
  • The portal intends to develop a strong information network to prevent smuggling of forest produce and wildlife articles. It may further save and enhance Manipur’s revenue collection by preventing illegal activities and ensure quick deposition in the government exchequer on real-time basis through online payment gateway.

Complaint against PM will go to Lokpal full bench

Date: 05 March 2020 Tags: Commissions & Committees
  • The Lokpal Rules notified almost a year after the appointment of the country’s first Lokpal, state that in case a complaint is filed against a sitting or former Prime Minister, a full bench will decide, at the admission stage, whether an inquiry should be initiated.
  • The rules also state that if such a complaint is dismissed by the full bench at the admission stage, records of the inquiry shall not be published or made available to anyone.
  • On a complaint filed against a Union Minister or a Member of Parliament, the rules state that it has to be decided, at the admission stage, by a bench consisting of not less than three members of the Lokpal.