Prime Minister's Office
Swachh Shakti 2019: Rural women Champions for Swachh Bharat PM to launch Swachh Shakti 2019 from Kurukshetra tomorrow Women Sarpanches from all over the country to be felicitated The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi will participate in Swachh Shakti 2019, a convention of Women Sarpanches and distribute the Swachh Shakti-2019 awards. PM will visit the Swachh Sundar Shauchalay exhibition at Kurukshetra and address a public gathering. PM will also inaugurate/ lay foundation stone for various development projects in Haryana.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Swachh Shakti program first in 2017 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. 6000 women sarpanches from across the country had assembled in Gujarat on the occasion of International Women’s Day under the banner of Swachh Shakti 2017. PM addressed and honoured them.
- The second Swachh Shakti event, Swachh Shakti-2018 was held at Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh. 8000 women sarpanches, 3000 women Swachhagrahis and women champions from other walks of life from across the country were recognized for their outstanding contribution towards making a Swachh Bharat during the event.
- Now the third edition is being inaugurated from Kurukshetra.
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- 5001 Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan aushadhi Pariyojana Kendras functional in the country: Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya Applications invited to open more PMBJP Kendras across the country; Application Fee waived off by Government Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways, Shipping and Chemicals and Fertilizers, Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya, while giving a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today, stated that as on 05.02.2019, 5001 ‘Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMB JP) Kendras’ are functional in 651 districts of the country. Presently, the product basket of PMBJP covers more than 800 medicines and 154 surgicals & consumables covering all therapeutic groups such as Anti-infectives, Antidiabetics, Cardiovasculars, Anti-cancers, Gastro-intestinal medicines, etc.
- The Minister further stated that as per the Standing Finance Committee (SFC) Note on ‘Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP),the three year plan of PMBJP envisages that 1000 PMBJP Kendras will be opened in each year i.e. 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20. The targets for opening PMBJP Kendras during 2017-18 and 2018-19 have already been achieved by the Government
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- Workshop on National Intergrated Logistics Plan A workshop was organized by the Logistics Department of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in New Delhi today to discuss with logistics stakeholders the challenges and opportunities of this sector in India. Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation Minister, Suresh Prabhu, delivered the keynote address. Speaking on this occasion, Suresh Prabhu, said that India has improved its ranking in the World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index and jumped from 54th in 2014 to 35th in 2016. But India need to urgently improve further so that we can be a part of international standards, reduce costs, join global value chains and increase trade. Minister further added that although India has 7600 km of coast line our ports and shipping industry can play a major role in improvement of the logistics sector. India’s logistics sector is highly fragmented and the aim is to reduce the logistics cost from the present 14% of GDP to less than 10% by 2022. India’s logistics sector is very complex with more than 20 government agencies, 40 partnering government agencies (PGAs), 37 export promotion councils, 500 certifications, 10000 commodities, 160 billion market size. It also involves 12 million employment base, 200 shipping agencies, 36 logistic services, 129 ICDs, 168 CFSs, 50 IT ecosystems and banks & insurance agencies. Further, 81 authorities and 500 certificates are required for EXIM. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Transforming SHCs and PHCs as Health and Wellness Centres As per the budget announcement 2017-18, 1.5 lakh Health Sub Centres and Primary Health Centres are to be transformed into Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs) by December, 2022. The roll out plan of Ayushman Bharat - HWCs is given as below: FY 2018-19 = 15,000 FY 2019-20 = 25,000 (Cumulative 40,000) FY 2020-21 = 30,000 (Cumulative 70,000) FY 2021-2022 = 40,000 (Cumulative 1,10,000) Till 31st December 2022 = 40,000 (Cumulative 1,50,000)
- As part of Ayushman Bharat, the Government is supporting the States for strengthening Sub Centres and Primary Health Centres as Health and Wellness Centres for provision of comprehensive primary care that includes preventive and health promotion at the community level with continuum of care approach. Universal screening, prevention and management of common noncommunicable diseases have been rolled out across the country.
- States are using a Community based Assessment Checklist (CBAC) for universal screening of 30+ population to sensitize and mobilize community for availing services for chronic illnesses at HWCs. The status of universal NCD screening of 30 years plus population, new identified positive cases and individuals on treatment at HWCs is as follows :
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- A number of measures taken to popularise Roof Top Solar Power System 1279MW Rooftop Solar capacity installed so far
- Under the present rooftop solar programme, which was approved by the Government in December 2015, an aggregated capacity of 2100 MW is targeted to be achieved in residential, institutional, social and Government sector through central financial assistance by the year 2019-20.
- As per data captured on the SPIN portal of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), a total of 1279 MW capacity grid connected rooftop solar PV systems have been reported installed in the country as on 31.1.2019.
- While no formal study has been commissioned to study the rooftop solar scenario, the Government is taking a number of steps to promote rooftop solar in the country, these include:
- Providing central financial assistance (CFA) for residential/institutional/social sectors and achievement linked incentives for Government sectors through Rooftop Solar Scheme.
- Persuading states to notify the net/gross metering regulations for RTS projects. Now all the 36 States/UTs/SERCs have notified such regulations and/or tariff orders.
- Prepared model MoU, PPA and Capex Agreement for expeditious implementation of RTS projects in Govt. Sector.
- Allocate Ministry-wise expert PSUs for handholding and support in implementation of RTS projects in various Ministries/Departments.
- Suryamitra program is being implemented for creation of a qualified technical workforce.
- Initiated DG S&D rate contract for solar rooftop systems.
- Creation of SPIN-an online platform for expediting project approval, report submission and monitoring progress of implementation of RTS projects.
- Initiated Geo-tagging of RTS project, in co-ordination with ISRO, for traceability and transparency.
- Facilitated availability of concessional loans from World Bank and Asian Development Bank (ADB) to SBI and PNB respectively, for disbursal of loans to industrial and commercial sectors, where CFA/incentive is not being provided by the Ministry. Government is taking a number of steps to promote rooftop solar in the country, these include:
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Kusum Scheme to Promote Use of Solar Energy Among Farmers Under Considration: Shri R. K. Singh
- The Government is formulating a Scheme ‘Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM)’ which inter-alia aims to promote use of solar energy among the farmers. The proposed scheme provides for: • setting up of grid-connected renewable power plants each of 500KW to 2 MW in the rural area;
- installation of standalone off-grid solar water pumps to fulfil irrigation needs of farmers not connected to grid; and
- Solarization of existing grid-connected agriculture pumps to make farmers independent of grid supply and also sell surplus solar power generated to Discom and get extra income.
- The Scheme is under consideration of the Government and therefore, detailed provisions are yet to be finalized.