Pravasi Dividend Pension Scheme
- The state government of Kerala has planned to launched a Pravasi Dividend Pension Scheme to provide regular pension to Non Resident Keralites on a one-time payment of Rs 5 lakh.
- The governor of Kerala P. Sathasivam made this announcemen...
- The one-time payment of Rs 5 lakh will be deposited with KIIFB (Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board) for financing infrastructure projects
Q) The 15th edition of the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas (PBD) was held in which of the following cities?
Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana.
- Under the scheme, a group of Indian diaspora will be taken on a government-sponsored tour of religious places in India twice a year.
- The group will be taken to the religious places of all major religions in India.
- The tour would be completely government sponsored.
- Under the eligibility criteria, all people of Indian-origin, aged between 45 and 65 can apply and a group will be selected out of them.
- The first preference will be given to people from ‘Girmitiya countries’ such as Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica.
- Girmitiya’s are the descendants of bonded Indian labourers brought to Fiji, Mauritius, South Africa, East Africa, the Malay Peninsula, Caribbean and South America (Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana and Suriname) to work on sugarcane plantations for the prosperity of the European of the European settlers.
- The term Girmitiya was coined by Mahatma Gandhi
Q) Who among the following has coined the word Girmitiya?
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Subash Chandra Bose
- Lala Lajpat Rai
- Mahatma Gandhi
Madhya Pradesh announced Yuva Swabhiman Yojana
- Madhya Pradesh Government announced the Yuva Swabhiman Yojana to provide employment for the unemployed youth from the economically weaker sections of the society.
- It aims to provide employment to the youth belonging to the weaker section of the society mainly in urban areas of the state.
- The scheme aims to provide 100 days of employment to youngsters from economically weaker sections of the society in urban areas.
- The scheme will include urban youth of the age group of 21 to 30 years whose total families annual income is less than Rs 2 lakhs.
- They will be paid Rs 13,500 in 100 days at the rate of Rs 4,000 per month.
Q) Country’s first cremation ground for cows will come up in which of the following cities of Madhya Pradesh?
Ans - The country’s first cremation ground for cows will be prepared in Madhya Pradesh’s capital Bhopal and the city’s municipal authorities are already on the lookout for a site for the purpose
- India's First Cow Sanctuary was opened in in MP
- Rajasthan - India's first Cow Welfare Ministry
- MP – First 'Cow Express' to Treat Ailing Cattles
Andhra Pradesh Rythu Raksha Scheme 2019
- The state government of Andhra Pradesh launched this scheme to provide financial help to the farmers.
- Under the scheme AP Farmer will Get Rs 10000 per Acre per year from upcoming Kharif Season.
- This financial aid will be given in two installments in every Kharif & Rabi Season as Rs 5000 per acre
- The farmers can use the money provided by the government in purchasing of seeds, pesticides, fertilizers and other necessary investments.
- The financial assistance of Rs.10,000 will be given directly to the bank accounts of the farmers.
- The benefit of this scheme will also be given to the tenant farmers of the state.
Q) Rythu Bandhu scheme is the scheme of which of the following states?
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
Rythu Bandhu scheme
- Launched : 10 May 2018
- The Telangana Government has issued a notification to extend the Rythu Bandhu scheme for 2019-20, while enhancing the amount from Rs 4000 to Rs 5000.
- The Rythu Bandu scheme ,Telangana CM K Chandrasekar Rao’s pet scheme, is aimed at providing income support to the agriculturists directly to back their crops
- The scheme was successfully implemented during Kharif 2018 and Rabi 2018-19
Maharashtra govt approves Rs 4,089 crore for Tembhu irrigation scheme
- Maharashtra government approved a sum of Rs 4,089 crore for the Tembhu lift irrigation scheme in Tembhu village of Satara district.
- The perennially drought prone areas of Satara, Solapur and Sangli districts will get benefit by this scheme.
- The Scheme is about constructing barrages on the river Krishna near Tembhu village and lifting 22 billion cubic feet water to irrigate 80,000 hectare areas in seven talukas - Karad, Kadegaon, Tasgaon, Khanapur, Atpadi, Kavathe-Mahankal and Sangola - spread across Satara, Sangli and Solapur districts.
- The project was conceptualised way back in 1996 at a cost of Rs 1,416 crore.
Q) The largest tributary of the Krishna River is?
- Bhima River
- Musi River
- Koyna River
- Tungabhadra River
Ans - Tungabhadra River
- The largest tributary of the Krishna River is the Tungabhadra River with a drainage basin measuring 71,417 km2 (27,574 sq mi), running for about 531 km (330 mi), but the longest tributary is the Bhima River, which makes a total run of 861 km (535 mi) and has an equally large drainage area of 70,614 km2 (27,264 sq mi)
Manipur CM launched ‘School Fagat-Hansi’ mission
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh launched 'School Fagat-Hansi' mission, an initiative under the Government's popular 'Go to Village' mission, at a function held in Imphal West District
- The scheme has been introduced with an ambitious objective to give renewed thrust towards the improvement of government schools both in terms of physical and manpower infrastructure.
- All the government schools in 60 Assembly Constituencies of the state will be developed as model schools in the first phase under the mission. All these schools would be run and developed in a uniform pattern.
Go Back to Village
- Go to Village Mission was launched on 1 st May, 2018 at every district simultaneously .
Q) Which state has recently launched “Back to Village” programme?
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh
Ans - Jammu & Kashmir
- In a first-of-its-kind, the Jammu and Kashmir government has embarked on an ambitious initiative to reach out to the people at the grassroots level through a programme named as ‘Back to the Village’
- 'Back to Village' is a unique initiative of the state government under which officers are visiting panchayats across the state.
Atal Solar Krishi Pump Yojana
- Launched in October 2018, it aims to reduce losses due to non-payment of electricity bills and also promote solar energy.
- Under the scheme, the government of Maharashtra has decided to give two LED bulbs, a DC fan and a mobile charging socket as freebies to farmers.
- The scheme provides a subsidy of up to 95% on solar pumpsets. The State plans to install one lakh solar pumps.
- Under the Scheme, farmers with less than five acres will have to pay 5% of the cost of a 3 HP solar pump while farmers with more than five acres will get a 5 HP solar pump for Rs 30000.
- The Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co Ltd (Msedcl) is the implementing agency.
Q) India has planned to add 500 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy to its electricity grid by which year?
Ans- India’s target by 2022
- Total renewable energy – 175
- GW It includes 100GW Solar
- 60GW wind
- 10GW biomass
- 5GW small hydro
- Of the total 100 GW solar installations, 40 GW would be rooftop and balance 60 GW would be ground-mounted utility scale.
- India, the fourth largest carbon emitter
- Paris Climate Commitment to reduce its emissions by 33–35 percent by 2030 compared to 2005 levels 40 percent of total energy demand from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030 33 percent forest cover
Q) As per the latest report by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), which country is the cheapest solar energy producer?
- United States
Ans- India is the cheapest solar energy producer: IRENA report
- India is followed by Italy at second and China at third
- IRENA HQ – Abu Dhabi
- IAEA HQ – Vienna
- IEA - Paris
Q) Which country has become the 74th country to International Solar Alliance?
- Saudi Arabia
- Argentina – 72nd
- Saudi Arabia – 73rd
- Bolivia – 74th
Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has announced a hike of Rs 200 per month in the social security pension under Madhu Babu Pension Yojana (MBPY).
- Total 48 lakh elderly, disabled, widows and destitute women will be benefited
As per the enhanced pension :
- The elderly persons aged over 60 years will get a revised old age pension of Rs 500 perü month as against Rs 300
- Those who are more than 80 years old, the pension will be Rs 700 per month instead of Rs 500ü per month.
- The enhanced pension came into effect from February 15, 2019
- Madhusudan Das (Madhu Babu) was the first graduate and advocate of Odisha
Q) Ama Gaon, Ama Bikash (Our Village, our development) is a scheme of which state?
- West Bengal
Ans - Odisha
- The Odisha government's flagship programme, 'Ama Gaon Ama Bikash', has covered all the Gram Panchayats (GPs) in each of the 314 blocks of the state.
The scheme was launched on March 5, 2018
- It is aimed at reaching out to the people in rural areas in order to involve them in developmental activities
Q) Which state has approved a proposal seeking provisions to punish wards of elderly parents who could face jail time over charges of abandonment?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Ans : Bihar approved the proposal to punish children who abandon their elderly parents.
- The proposal was moved by the state's social welfare department.
- Such cases will be registered under the non-bailable section after receiving complaints from elderly parents.
Q) Krishna Kutir, a home for 1000 widows was inaugurated by Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi and Shri Adityanath Yogi in which of the following cities?