- Usually trammels. a hindrance or impediment to free action,restraint.
- A hindrance to free action or movement
- Sharp or biting to the taste or smell; bitterly pungent; irritating to the eyes, nose, etc.
- Extremely or sharply stinging or bitter; exceedingly caustic:
- Working or acting merely for money or other reward; venal.
- Hired to serve in a foreign army, guerrilla organization, etc.
- to think or meditate in silence, as on some subject.
- to meditate on.
- to comment thoughtfully or ruminate upon.
- to compel by force, intimidation, or authority, especially without regard for individual desire or volition
- to bring about through the use of force or other forms of compulsion; exact
- arrogant; condescending; uppity