- Threatening or disquieting significance:
- A prodigy or marvel.
- To shut forcibly and noisily
- To set or slap down violently or noisily
- To criticize harshly
- To engage in petulant or peevish argument
- To run rapidly move quickly; rush; hurry:
- To uphold or justify by argument or evidence:
- To assert, maintain, or defend (a right, cause, etc.) against opposition.
- To claim for oneself or another.
- to put into suitable literary form; revise; edit.
- to draw up or frame (a statement, proclamation, etc.).
- mournful, dismal, or gloomy, especially in an affected, exaggerated, or unrelieved manner