- To express distress or grief over; lament
- To regard with regret or disapproval.
- A fundamental principle or general rule
- A standard; criterion:
- A loud uproar, as from a crowd of people
- A vehement expression of desire or dissatisfaction
- Popular outcry.
- A brief treatment or account of a subject, especially an extensive subject; a concise treatise.
- A summary, epitome, or abridgment.
- A full list or inventory.
- Real or actual, rather than imaginary or visionary
- Definite; not vague or elusive.