- varied in appearance or color; marked with patches or spots of different colors.
- varied; diversified; diverse.
- to sharpen (a knife, tool, etc.) by grinding or friction.
- to make keen or eager; stimulate.
- Generous bestowal of gifts.
- The gift or gifts, as of money, so bestowed.
- Obsolete. generosity; liberality.
- The act or an instance of going, especially from an enclosed place.
- A means or place of going out; an exit.
- The right or permission to go out.
- Luster; brightness; radiance.
- A subdued glitter approaching but short of optical reflection
- Commonplace or dull; matter-of-fact or unimaginative.
- characteristic of prose as distinguished from poetry, FACTUAL