- A foulness or staleness, as one emanating from a standing pool of water.
- A failure to develop, progress, or advance:
- The state or quality of being or feeling sluggish and dull
- An exchange of light, playful, teasing remarks; good-natured raillery.
- Swollen; distended; tumid.
- Inflated, overblown, or pompous; bombastic
- Not clear or transparent because of stirred-up sediment or the like; clouded; opaque; obscured:
- Thick or dense, as smoke or clouds.
- Confused; muddled; disturbed.
- A feeling or state of great joy or pride; exultant gladness; high spirits.