- A brief treatment or account of a subject, especially an extensive subject; concise treatise.
- A summary, epitome, or abridgment.
- A full list or inventory.
- To glorify.
- To make canonical; place or include within a canon, especially of scriptural work
- To consider or treat as sacrosanct or holy.
- an inadequate supply; scarcity, lack.
- scarcity and dearness of food, famine.
- Not tight, taut, firm, or tense; loose
- Negligent; careless; remiss.
- Any position or situation in which no action can be taken or progress made; deadlock.
- To subject to a stalemate.
- To bring to a standstill.