- To quell, crush, or end by force.
- To suppress, curb, or withhold.
- To kill by impeding respiration; smother.
- To become stifled or suffocated.
- Asserting opinions in a doctrinaire or arrogant manner; opinionated.
- Fond of the company of others; sociable.
- Living in flocks or herds, as animals.
- To compensate for damage or loss sustained, expense incurred, etc.
- To guard or secure against anticipated loss; give security against
- of or belonging to the period before the Flood.
- very old, old-fashioned, or out of date; antiquated; primitive.