- having or showing little or no emotion:
- not interested or concerned; indifferent or unresponsive:
- to forecast or predict (something future) from present indications or signs; prophesy.
- to foretoken; presage:
- to make a forecast; prophesy.
- to put off or aside from consideration
- to remove from active use or service; dismiss.
- to furnish with shelves.
- to accustom (a child or young animal) to food other than its mother's milk; cause to lose the need to suckle or turn to the mother for food.
- to withdraw (a person, the affections, one's dependency, etc.) from some object, habit, form of enjoyment, or the like:
- to start (a fire); cause (a flame, blaze, etc.) to begin burning.
- to set fire to or ignite (fuel or any combustible matter).
- to excite; stir up or set going; animate; rouse; inflame: