- Causing or involving great fear or suffering; dreadful; terrible
- Indicating trouble, disaster, misfortune, or the like
- Urgent; desperate.
- To scatter in various directions; disperse; dispel.
- To spend or use wastefully or extravagantly; squander; deplete.
- Changeable; volatile; fickle; flighty; erratic.
- Animated; lively; sprightly; quick-witted.
- To cause or allow (a building, automobile, etc.) to fall into a state of disrepair, as by misuse or neglect.
- To fall into ruin or decay.
- Lasting a very short time; short-lived; transitory:
- Lasting but one day