- an opening or aperture, as of a tube or pipe; a mouthlike opening or hole, mouth, vent.
- spectacular display, pomp,
- mere show; empty display.
- pageants collectively; pageants and the performance of pageants.
- something made up of an incongruous variety of pieces or parts; hodgepodge:
- resembling a patchwork, especially in being makeshift, irregular, or improvised.
- a remaining, usually small part, quantity, number, or the like.
- a fragment or scrap.
- a small, unsold or unused piece of cloth, lace, etc., as at the end of a bolt.
- a trace; vestige: