- reckless or dangerous because of despair, hopelessness, or urgency:
- having an urgent need, desire, etc.:
- leaving little or no hope; very serious or dangerous:
- to deposit eggs or sperm directly into the water, as fishes.
- subject or left to one's own discretion.
- for any use or purpose one chooses; not earmarked for a particular purpose.
- marked by or attended with ignominy; discreditable; humiliating
- bearing or deserving ignominy; contemptible.
- a medicine sold with false or exaggerated claims and with no demonstrable value; quack medicine.
- a scheme, theory, device, etc., especially one to remedy social or political ills; panacea