- To pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, especially because of religious or political beliefs,
- To annoy or trouble persistently.
- to acknowledge as true, just, or proper; admit:
- to grant as a right or privilege; yield.
- characterized by fussy or petulant faultfinding; querulous:
- petty faultfinding.
- food, or some substitute, used as a lure in fishing, trapping, etc.
- a poisoned lure used in exterminating pests.
- to withdraw formally from an alliance,
- federation, or association, as from a political union, a religious organization,etc.
- not meant to be taken seriously or literally:
- amusing; humorous.