- Wretchedness of condition or circumstances.
- Distress or suffering caused by need, privation, or poverty.
- Great mental or emotional distress; extreme unhappiness.
- A cause or source of distress.
- To go before, as in place, order, rank, importance, or time.
- To introduce by something preliminary; preface
- To hasten the occurrence of; bring about prematurely, hastily, or suddenly
- To cast down headlong; fling or hurl down.
- to separate from a solution as a precipitate.
- An artifice or expedient used to evade a rule, escape a consequence, hide something, etc.
- A false or baseless, usually derogatory story, report, or rumor.