- Morally ignoble or base; vile:
- Meanly selfish, self-seeking, or mercenary.
- dirty or filthy.
- To walk, stand, or sit with the legs wide apart; stand or sit astride.
- To stand wide apart, as the legs.
- Stern and admitting of no appeasement or compromise
- Of a sinister or ghastly character; repellent
- Having a harsh, surly, forbidding, or morbid air
- to make weak or feeble; enfeeble
- Having a kindly disposition; gracious:
- Showing or expressive of gentleness or kindness.
- Favorable; propitious