- to denounce or condemn (a thing) as dangerous or harmful; prohibit.
- to put outside the protection of the law; outlaw.
- to banish or exile.
- side by side; beside each other in a line.
- equal to or alongside in progress, attainment, or awareness
- a personally offensive act or word; deliberate act or display of disrespect; intentional slight; insult.
- an offense to one's dignity or self-respect.
- to increase the severity, bitterness, or violence of.
- to embitter the feelings of.
- To lie under or beneath; be situated under.
- To be at the basis of; form the foundation of.